马丁·尼莫勒 Martin Niemoller They came first for the Communists,
他们抓共产党人,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
我没说话,因为我不是。
Then they came for the Jews,
然后,他们来抓犹太人,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
我没说话,因为我不是。
Then they came for the trade unionists,
然后,他们抓工会成员,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
我没说话,因为我不是。
Then they came for the Catholics,
然后,他们抓天主教徒,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
我没说话,因为我是新教徒。
Then they came for me,
最后,他们抓了我,
and by that time no one was left to speak up.
此时,已经没有谁为我说话了。